PhiBrowsTM Brow design is not determined by fashion trends. Instead, your technician will analyze your unique facial proportions, and from there the perfect brow will be measured onto your face for you to analyze carefully. With our specialized techniques, brow hair is NEVER shaven off. Instead, if there are hairs present they are used to blend the strokes for a natural appeal. We encourage everyone to use their natural bone structure as a foundation for building a brow that will be suited perfectly for their face. Adjustments will be continually made until we are sure that you are 100% happy with the shape we design for you. What does it feel like? A simple tool is used, which is placed on the surface of the skin and gently moved forward and up to flow pigment into the sparse areas of the brow. The sensation is likened to that of having your eyebrows tweezed or threaded. Rest assured that the very best topical anesthetics are liberally used to ensure your comfort for the duration of the treatment. What should I expect after my appointment? Immediately following your application your brow area will have some redness, which diminishes within a few hours. By this time, most women are comfortable going out in public. Depending on skin type and body chemistry, some may experience itching, tightness, mild scabbing, and exfoliation of the brow area. Within a week of your first treatment the color will fade significantly. This is considered an extremely positive occurrence as it allows you time to reflect on your shape and color. After a period of 4-a weeks, a second phase of microblading will be carried out in order to deepen and perfect the shape further. This touch-up session is crucial for a gorgeous, soft, and hassle-free brow. In certain cases, a third session may be necessary to further perfect your application.
Are there any pre- existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment?
- Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
- On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
- Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- Circulatory disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- Any bleeding disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- You’re taking blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until a months after treatment ends)
- If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
- You’ve recently had Botox must wait 2/3 weeks
- Old PMU
- You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
- If you have a sunburn.
- After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Is there anything I NEED to DO to PREPARE for my service?
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
- No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
- Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
What can I expect during my session?
Here’s a quick rundown of a typical service provided by an official PhiBrows artist: First, the artist will need to do a patch test on the skin at least 24 hours before the procedure, if never had a tattoo or sentive or oily skin. Make sure to call and book a 15 minute consultation prior to! Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment. The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape according to the PhiBrows golden ratio measuring tool. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size. Next, the artist chooses the perfect PhiBrows color. Initial strokes are placed, then anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort. Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow. After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin. Once that’s finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly. After the service, the artist will apply a specific ointment
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid all of the following:
- Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
- Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- Before showering apply a layer of post- care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
What happens during the touch-up?
The touch up is recommended 4-a weeks after initial treatment. During your touch up, the artist will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
What’s the Microblading healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch- ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right! Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin). Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
The skin must be free of all irritations including ingrown hairs, blemishes, eczema, and psoriasis. Absolutely no alcohol or caffeine 24-hours before application. Do not exercise for 24- hours before application. No intentional tanning 2 days before or day of application. If you get a sunburn on your face, you must allow at least 2-weeks for it to heal. Do not take Aspirin, Advil, Aleeve, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 2 days before application. Do not take fish oil for 2-weeks prior to application. No brow waxing or tinting one week before application. (Let your brow hair grow out for as long as you can stand it!) No Botox for at minimum of 3-weeks prior to your application and 3 weeks after. No chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or facials for 4-weeks prior to application. No Accutane for 1-year prior to application. No Antibiotic use for 30 days prior to appointment. (Message me type of antibiotics) If you have had permanent makeup done in the past, you must email a photo of your brows to determine your candidacy. On the day of your Appointment: Please arrive on time. I offer each client a 10- minute grace period, however clients who arrive later than this may need to reschedule. Please wear your makeup as usual so I can get an idea of where your comfort zone is with color and shape. I will then proceed to take you through a measurement process which will correct the shape as needed. Please be well hydrated and eat a light meal. Come with the mindset that this is a process that takes multiple steps! After your initial application heals, you will need to come in for 1-2 touch-ups to correct areas that have faded. You will need to reschedule your appointment if you: Have not followed the Pre-Care protocol Arrive with a sunburn on your face Arrive sick with a viral or bacterial infection In the instance you are ill, please call me as soon as possible to reschedule. Aftercare for Microblading Healing time is a standard 7-10 days. You will be supplied with a light ointment and Baby soap to apply to the brow each day. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring. New skin forming causes the area to appear lighter at first during this period of time. Do not rub, pick at or scratch the area. Absolutely no makeup, skincare products, or sunscreen on treated area for two weeks. Avoid brow makeup for 14 days after application. Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after application. Absolutely no excessive sweating (from work/ exercise) for 7-10 days while healing. No facials, chemical treatments, and/or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after. Try to avoid sleeping on your face for the first 2 weeks to protect area. Avoid washing your face directly in the shower head for 2 weeks to protect area. Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first two weeks. Most feel comfortable going about their daily lives and not taking time off from work during this period. Excessive fading may occur in sensitive skin types and for reasons we can not forsee. Multiple sessions may be necessary to determine causes of fading and to find the best approach for your skin.
Precare Instructions are designed and must be strictly followed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding and sensitivity during the procedure will dilute and expel the pigment color and lead to poor results. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure. If you are a frequent smoker or “sun worshipper” the topical anesthetics used during the treatment may not last as long and also can lead to poor retention and poor lasting results. If you have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity tolerance to the procedure.